Greater Kansas City Chamber Selects its Top 10 Small Businesses
BY JOYCE SMITH
The Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce on Thursday announced its 2015 top 10 small businesses, including several information technology companies, a real estate developer and an advertising and marketing firm.
More than 1,000 companies were nominated for the awards, and 64 of the nominees went through the application process. Then a group of judges narrowed the list to the 10 that best demonstrated strong growth and sustainability, a passion for community service and outstanding employee relations.
The event was part of the chamber’s 29th annual small business celebration. One of the top 10 will be crowned the Kansas City 2015 Small Business of the Year and receive the Mr. K Award at a luncheon May 13.
This year’s top 10:
▪ AdamsGabbert, Overland Park: Provides professional services specializing in improving business and information technology strategy and operations.
▪ BNIM, Kansas City: Multidisciplinary design firm.
▪ Centric Projects, Kansas City: Commercial general contractor.
▪ DataLocker, Overland Park: Manufacturer of data encryption services for governments, military and businesses around the world.
▪ IDD InStore Design Display, Kansas City: Creates store fixtures and distinctive custom displays and provides retail display services from design to fulfillment.
▪ Infinite Energy Construction Inc., Kansas City: Provides general construction management services and job execution, electrical subcontracting, energy auditing, energy efficiency improvement and other services to private and public sectors.
▪ K12itc, Kansas City: Provides technology services and consulting to K-12 schools, mostly in the Midwest.
▪ NorthPoint Development, Riverside: Commercial real estate development, management and leasing.
▪ Sullivan Higdon & Sink, Kansas City: Advertising, marketing and public relations company.
▪ Technology Group Solutions, Lenexa: Provides information technology infrastructure.
The chamber also will hold the Top 10 CEO Panel Breakfast from 7:30 to 9 a.m. April 23 at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, 2345 McGee St. The cost is $35 for chamber members and $45 for non-members.
The annual awards luncheon will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 13 at the Kansas City Convention Center, 301 W. 13th St. The cost is $45 for members and $55 for non-members.